From: Nathan Sidwell [mailto:nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 5:33 PM
To: Yongming (Stephen Lg) Hu
Cc: arm-gnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Wei-Tsung Cheng
Subject: Re: codesourcery compile helping

Yongming (Stephen Lg) Hu wrote:
> Dear Sir:
>
> I think the " .word " in the GNU just like the " DCD " in the
realview.

> But I do not know how to use it.
>
> stack_base
>      .word     0x80000
>
> If I use this instructor
>      ldr  r0, stack_base
> the arm-none-eabi-as imply: bad instructor.
> Could you help me how to write the instructor!

You've omitted the ':' at the end of stack_base.

The sort of question you are asking can be answered by reading the
assmbler's
documentation.  It might be best to purchase a book describing how to
use the
gnu assembler.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764579010/202-2417329-1736653
seems
like a good candidate.  there might be an arm specific one that will
help with
the details of ARM instructions.

nathan

--