Re: [arm-gnu] Assembler misaligned branch destination Error in ARM GCC 3.4+CS2005q3/Glibc toolchain

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:20:30PM +0200, S.Abdullah wrote:
>   I am using ARM GCC 3.4+CS2005q3/Glibc toolchain inside scratchbox
> (0.9.8.5). I get error from assembler  "misaligned branch destination".
> I am attaching the code that produces this error. It can be used to
> reproduce the error using the above mentioned tool-chain inside
> scratchbox or using cross-compiler.

Thank you for your interest in our Sourcery G++ toolchain!

> arm-linux-g++  -include common_util_ribodefs.h hxdefpackethookhlp.cpp
>
> /var/tmp/ccdQOuvk.s: Assembler messages:
> /var/tmp/ccdQOuvk.s:170: Error: misaligned branch destination
> /var/tmp/ccdQOuvk.s:211: Error: misaligned branch destination
>

> arm-linux-g++ -include common_util_ribodefs.h -S \
> hxdefpackethookhlp.cpp  (produces assembler output)

> The Assembler produces label which are then used as an absolute
> addresses.

Are you using the compiler provided with the ARM 2005 Q3 toolchain? If
you are not, could you please try this test with this compiler.  We do a
lot of work to provide you with a high quality and tested toolchain.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell