Regarding Instruction mnemonics for neon, for Q3 release of code sourcery tool chain for arm

Regarding Instruction mnemonics for neon, for Q3 release of code sourcery tool chain for arm

While using *Assembler in Q3 release of tool chain* (cross compiler) to
compile neon assembly coded files, for the following type of instructions I
am getting an error.

Code syntax is '*VLD1.8    {D8,D9},[r4@128],r7 *      @load a structure
using aligned load' (This correct according to documentation. I am able to
compile & run in windows based simulator).

I am getting an error message from assembler saying '*Error: ']' expected --
`vld1.8 {D8,D9},[r4*'.

The reason for this is @ is considered as commenting character (It should
be).

What is the corresponding symbol in assembly code (what is the proper
instruction syntax for GNU based assembler)?

The assembler version message is

GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.18.50.20070820
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi'.

If anything is required for you people to get my query, ask me... and also
tell me how to get it, because i am a beginner to linux.

If this query is not related to this email's support, can you please point
to me, towards a proper support email ID.?

                Thanks in advance,

With Warm Regards,

T. Naveen kumar* *