Re: [arm-gnu] Specify memory region for sections.

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 10:53 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> I would suggest you look at some of the shipped linker scripts
> instead.  The linker's default is not suitable for use with a MEMORY
> block, but the other included scripts have one already that you can
> modify.

Sounds like just the thing, thanks Daniel.

However, I've been looking for "the other included scripts", and all I
turn up is;

/opt/codesourcery$ ls ./arm-2008q1/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/ldscripts/
armelfb_linux_eabi.x    armelfb_linux_eabi.xsc  armelf_linux_eabi.xdw
armelfb_linux_eabi.xbn  armelfb_linux_eabi.xsw  armelf_linux_eabi.xn
armelfb_linux_eabi.xc   armelfb_linux_eabi.xu   armelf_linux_eabi.xr
armelfb_linux_eabi.xd   armelfb_linux_eabi.xw   armelf_linux_eabi.xs
armelfb_linux_eabi.xdc  armelf_linux_eabi.x     armelf_linux_eabi.xsc
armelfb_linux_eabi.xdw  armelf_linux_eabi.xbn   armelf_linux_eabi.xsw
armelfb_linux_eabi.xn   armelf_linux_eabi.xc    armelf_linux_eabi.xu
armelfb_linux_eabi.xr   armelf_linux_eabi.xd    armelf_linux_eabi.xw
armelfb_linux_eabi.xs   armelf_linux_eabi.xdc

for which grep -r MEMORY yields nothing.

So, I must be looking in the wrong place.  Where should I look?  I did
google, grep, find and locate, but turned up nothing that looked useful.

I downloaded the latest Sourcery_G++_Lite, installed, and found a
similar directory, with no scripts using the MEMORY block.

So where are the scripts that already have a MEMORY block?

Regards,
James.