[arm-gnu] GDB ARM Disassembly

Hi Code Sourcery,

I'm evaluating GDB /GCC with an ARM (32-bit) based application for an
NXP part. The GDB version is reported as:

GNU gdb (CodeSourcery Sourcery G++ Lite 2007q3-53) 6.6.50.20070821-cvs

The GCC version is reported as 4.2.1.

In my example application, besides compiling the 'C' code as ARM
(32-bit), the assembler startup file uses '.arm' and '.code 32'
directives. The problem is GDB refuses to show ARM instructions in the
disassembly. Somehow, it's deciding to display all instructions as
Thumb. I presume GDB would use the ARM map symbols ($a/$t/$d) to
understand how to display the image transitions. This information
appears correct. I'd be happy to change my build parameters to provide
whatever ELF (or DWARF information) is necessary for GDB to base a
correct decision on; I just don't know how what it wants to see.

Regards,

Steve Clevenger

E-mail: steve.clevenger@xxxxxxxxxxx