From: Robert Brusa [mailto:bob.brusa@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:59 PM
To: Daniel Jacobowitz; Robert Brusa
Cc: arm-gnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [arm-gnu]linker error section .got

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:32:09 +0100, Daniel Jacobowitz
<dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:00:06PM +0100, Robert Brusa wrote:
>> Hi
>> when compiling and linking my at91sam7x-application, I get the error
>> message:
>>
>> linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: error: no memory region specified for loadable
>> section `.got'
>>
>> The toolchain I used before did not produce a .got-section. I could
find
>> nowhere information where this section should go, how much space it
>> should
>> get and where (ram or rom?). Does somebody know the answers to these
>> questions?
>
> Are you really building a Linux application?  It sounds like you
> aren't; you should use the arm-none-eabi tools instead in that case.

Morning Daniel
Thanks for your answer. I think the error statement I pasted further up
is
somewhat misleading. The Console-screen of Eclipse wraps a long line and
copied the last line of the output only. The preceeding line ends with
.....arm-none-

and this then combines beatyfulle to "arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld....

and these are the tools I am using - the ones with prefix
"arm-none-linux-gnueabi". I assumed that these are the right tools for
non-linux embedded applications - with e. g. eCOS. Is this assumption
wrong?

The tools compile and link eCOS successfully - this .got-section problem

only pops up when I try to link my modules together with the eCOS
library.
    Robert