Re: [arm-gnu] Problem installing 2009q1 ARM Toolchain

Re: [arm-gnu] Problem installing 2009q1 ARM Toolchain

Hi,

2009/6/6 Corrin Meyer <cjmeyer@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I have been trying to install the 2009q1 release of the ARM toolchain for
> Linux on Ubuntu
> I am currently running Ubuntu 9.04 hosted using VirtualBox running on
> Windows Vista 64.
> 1. I am running Ubuntu 64-bit.  Are the packages available for download
> compatible with/capable of running on 64-bit Linux or will they only run on
> a 32-bit OS?
> 2. When running the *.bin Linux installer, it pops up the initial window
> with the progress bar indicating that the installer is loading.  The window
> then disappears and then nothing else ever pops up (nothing else is printed
> to stdout either that I can see).  I end up having to do a Ctrl-C and exit
> the installer.
> 3. Since #2 above didn't work, I tried running the installer in console mode
> "-i console".  I go through the setup process and it then gets to the
> installation process.  The progress indicator gets all the way to the end
> and then hangs for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then errors out.  I get
> a "Unable to create file links" error and an "Internal error" indicator (-1)
> and then says to remove what was installed.  I have tried several times and
> always get this problem.
> 4. Since #3 failed above, I then downloaded the tar archive (non-source) and
> simply extracted it to a folder.  I then try to run the installed cross gcc
> "arm-none-eabi-gcc" just passing in "--version" to make sure that it works.
>  Bash keeps returning an error "Unable to find file or directory".  Doing
> 'ls' shows that the file is indeed there and that it is flagged as an
> executable.  My PATH is set correctly so I am not sure why Bash is not
> finding it.
> I understand that not many people may be trying the toolchain out in a
> virtualized environment so that very well may be my root problem.
> -cjmeyer

FWIW: I am running the 2009q1 release on Ubuntu 9.04 and 8.10 amd64 as
well, and it is running fine.
But I have these additional packages installed :  ia32-libs libstdc++6
libstdc++5 freeglut3 libc6-dev-i386.
Maybe you do not need the complete set, because I have more
dependencies for other 32 bit apps, but with this set installed it
should work.

Kind Regards,

Remy