Re: [arm-gnu] Instructions for Compiling ARM Linux Toolchain

Re: [arm-gnu] Instructions for Compiling ARM Linux Toolchain

Gopu Subramanian wrote, On 06/08/2009 09:06 AM:
I am trying to build a Toolchain for ARM 11MPCore BE8 platform. Do we
have any instructions to build the toolchain from Lite source code.

Thanks, Gopu

Explore and discover exciting holidays and getaways with Yahoo! India
Travel http://in.travel.yahoo.com/

For reference, when I compiled the 2009q1 toolchain on fedora 11 (with the mingw32 package), I had to set configure gdb with --disable-werror
(native and mingw). I also had to configure no iso c extentions for
mingw coreutils, i.e., pushenvvar CC "i686-pc-mingw32-gcc
-D__NO_ISOCEXT" to avoid a function redefined error from stdlib.h

But when I run the mingw32 arm-non-eabi-gcc on windows it says as.exe (i.e., gas) can't find zlib1.dll. Don't see a zlib1.dll in mingw install directory. Found one in existing "wireshark" application and copied to where as.exe resides at <install point>/arm-none-eabi/bin. mingw tools now builds application on windows OK.

I guess gas (from binutils) needs zlib?