Re: [arm-gnu] zeroing out the .bss area

Mark Deneen wrote:
shaved ~350 bytes off of my boot loader, which allowed me to fit
x-modem with a serial console.  My size constraint was set by the
minimum flash page size on my micro.  However, I am not using any of
the runtime libraries.

Have you re-implemented the compiler helper routines in libgcc.a?

Otherwise, you must verify that none of the compiler helper routines expect zero initialized variables in .bss e.g. verify link map has no objects from libgcc.a which place variables in .bss.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell