Re: [arm-gnu] How to REALLY disable C++ exceptions?

Re: [arm-gnu] How to REALLY disable C++ exceptions?

Hi again!

I've managed to compile the whole toolchain (only the linux part, as actually I need only the libs) without exception's support myself (with help from a friend). It took tiny modifications to the code (gcc/libstdc++ and gcc/libstdc++/libsupc++, probably finishing some unfinished work - changing remaining "try" to "__try" and "catch" to "__catch", 5 files, maybe 15 occurrences) and modifications to the build script from CodeSourcery's package. Everything works fine! A simple example (using the new operator) from the first post dropped from 60k to 4k. Adding some std::string operations increased the code to just 6k!

As this knowledge (c++ && libstdc++ without exceptions) seems pretty "unpopular" IMO (finding some info on the net - ~impossible) I'll post an article about that on my webpage soon - I'll attach a .sh script and 2 .diff patches which take care of everything (modifications and running the build).

Stay tuned!

4\/3!!