[arm-gnu] Can I use arm-none-linux-gnueabi with armv4 CPU?

[arm-gnu] Can I use arm-none-linux-gnueabi with armv4 CPU?

Hello all,

My  system uses an ARM v4 instruction CPU  and I plan change compiler  from arm-linux-gcc to arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc.

For now I can compile kernel 2.6.21 (arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc ) by adding option "-march=armv4" and open EABI support in kernel config.

The zImage can be generated successfully and works with  busybox of OABI format (arm-linux-gcc).

But kernel hangs when calls busybox  and the busybox  is the EABI format (arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc ).

At first, I found  when I tried to compile busybox with arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc ,  the compiler will link

library of armv4t  even I added  "-march=armv4".

So  I  searched the folder of  tool-chain  and found the C library  is only for armv4t , thumb2 and armv5.

My question is can I use  arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc  to compile user application and runs on an armv4 platform ?

or I can use the armv4t library to compile and link  but need add some compile /link option into my makefile?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
ASKA