Re: [arm-gnu] 2010Q1 Release Available

Thanks for the release!

I have a few questions. I believe that the sources version of this
tarball does not include the debug sprite or the common startup code
that are under the CodeSourcery license.  The sources-only tarball
therefore should be redistributable under the licenses of the
contained tools (GPL, BSD, etc..)?

I have a toolchain building script that builds from these sources on
OS X (and also on Linux or other platforms) so that I can use the
latest patches from the CS team for a Mac-based development
environment, but it appears that there's a bandwidth cap on downloads
such that it takes some time to grab the whole tar.bz2 file.  I'd like
to have it mirrored a few places so that I and others can more quickly
get the sources as needed.

For reference, here's the Makefile I've put together:
http://github.com/jsnyder/arm-eabi-toolchain

I also have two patches that I'm applying because:
1) Bootstrapping fails on OS X due to a duplicate symbol, GCC already
has this patch:
2) On debian, /bin/sh uses Dash rather than bash as a shell, and this
results in genmultilib not running correctly.  As such, I just
replaced references to /bin/sh with /bin/bash since I wasn't sure how
to fix the problem.  I believe the failure occurs with one of the
temporary scripts that is written out by genmultilib.

Thanks!

--
James Snyder
Biomedical Engineering