Re: [arm-gnu] library linking (printf)

On 13/05/10 11:32 AM, Arifa Khan wrote:

Hi,
CS3 library? Do you mean the .a files, if so, if I've specified the library search path, wouldn't they get picked up during linking anyway?
If you mean the default scripts, I found the CS3 scripts bit confusing, so I had written a more basic one for my purpose.
But I've had a look at the generic_hosted.ld file, where abouts are these routines specified?

Regards,
AK

From the Getting Started guide:
~~
Chapter 6 CS3™:The CodeSourcery Common Startup Code Sequence
CS3 is CodeSourcery's low-level board support library. This chapter documents the boards supported by Sourcery G++ and the compiler and linker options you need to use with them. It also explains how you can use and modify CS3-provided definitions for memory maps, system startup code and interrupt vectors in your own code.
~~~

You must link libcs3hosted.a (for debugger based IO) or libcs3unhosted.a (for disabled IO) or provide the low-level IO routines yourself.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell