[arm-gnu] strange gdb segmentation fault

[arm-gnu] strange gdb segmentation fault

Hi,

I am using Codesourcery arm-2010q1 (eabi) for developing code
for embedded ARM (LPC21xx). The host PC is running Ubuntu 10.04.
When stepping through code with GDB using openocd + arm-usb-ocd
gdb seg faults when stepping "newlib" functions, like "strcpy", "strcat",
 "memcpy"  and others.
The problem does not occur when I step my own functions.

If instead of using gdb from arm-2010q1, I use gdb from arm-2009q3
the problem disappears (it is what I am using now).

Any ideas what could be the reason for arm-2010q1 gdb seg faulting ?

Best regards,
Elemer