Re: [arm-gnu] strange gdb segmentation fault

Re: [arm-gnu] strange gdb segmentation fault

On 01/06/10 04:06 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
Elemer Pixard wrote:

No, but if you can capture a GDB remote serial protocol log, that might
help.  Often we can reproduce the problem using only the log -- and the
executable image, so you'd need to post the ELF file here too.  So as
not to spam everyone on the list with a big ELF file, you can send it
directly to me, but please post the log here.

You can turn that logging on from within GDB, but I always forget
exactly which command to use to get exactly the right log, so I'll let
someone else comment.

In your log, the last thing present is a transmission from GDB to the
stub.  Of course, GDB shouldn't crash, but are you sure the stub didn't
crash first?

What we really need is the entire remote serial protocol (RSP) communication which we can "play back" given your binary.

Use the following at the start of your session:
set remotelogfile /tmp/rsp.log

Then send us the rsp.log and the binary. This way we don't need your hardware to duplicate the issue on our end.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--
Carlos O'Donell