Re: [arm-gnu] How to write VFP inline asm with double precision register constraints?

Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> I actually think that it is unfortunate that any of this internal
> interface is exported publicly.

I think it's unfortunate in the same way that the fact that we have
three char types is unfortunate. :-)  In other words, it's an inelegant
bit of language design with which we must forever live -- though of
course we're allowed to cry in our beer all we like.

If we're serious about making undocumented constraints *not* part of the
external interface, we should be issuing errors (or at least warnings)
about them.  Otherwise, we can't really blame users for using them.  The
downside to this whole open-source thing is that people peek at the innards.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery