[arm-gnu] Unable to create a shared library project

[arm-gnu] Unable to create a shared library project

Using arm gcc for cross compilation for ARM9 on an embedded system.  Eclipse
(HELIOS) IDE on kubuntu with CDT and code sourcery lite++.  Have been able to
create ARM CROSS TARGET APPLICATION project without any problems.  Just had a
need to share code so wanted to create a shared library project.  But there
isn't any option to create an ARM CROSS TARGET shared library project when
creating a new project in eclipse.  All I see is following:

File->New->C++Project
                              ARM CROSS TARGET APPLICATION
                                         Empty Project
                              ARM CROSS TARGET STATIC LIBRARY
                              Executable
                              Shared Library
                              Static Library
                              Makefile Project

I need an empty project item for any of these options to work.  When I select
"Empty Project" under Arm Corss Target Application, that is when I can create a
new project.  First of all, I don't even see the Arm Cross Target Shared Library
item.  Secondly, even for Arm Cross Target Static Library, I don't see an empty
project item underneath thus I couldn't even create a static library project.

Question:  Is this related to Code Sourcery installation?  Are these options not
available in G++ lite edition?  Did I miss something during installation
perhaps.