Re: [arm-gnu] Unable to create a shared library project

On 12/22/2010 12:08 PM, syed ali wrote:

> Using arm gcc for cross compilation for ARM9 on an embedded system.
> Eclipse (HELIOS) IDE on kubuntu with CDT and code sourcery lite++.

If you'd like a product that includes Eclipse and Sourcery G++, you
might want to consider our commercial Sourcery G++ products.

> But there isn't any option to create an ARM CROSS
> TARGET shared library project when creating a new project in eclipse.

If this is for a bare-metal system, that's probably because shared
libraries are not really supported in the GNU toolchain for bare-metal
systems.  There is tremendous variation between RTOS systems in terms of
how they handle shared libraries.  If, on the other hand, your target is
a GNU/Linux system, this is probably because the packagers did not not
set up Eclipse so as to make that possible.  It is possible with our
commercial products.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery