Re: [arm-gnu] Huge Code Size CodeSourcery G++ Lite

Re: [arm-gnu] Huge Code Size CodeSourcery G++ Lite

Hi

> Recently, I tried building a project on Cortex-M3 using the CodeSourcery G++ Lite. However, the size of the binary becomes huge.
>
> As a comparison to a commercial toolchain, here is the difference of the .bin for a simple "blink" application:
>
> Commercial IDE: 4.6KB
> Eclipse IDE with CodeSourcery G++ Lite: 14.3KB
>
> Any ideas? Is this normal, or are we making some stupid mistakes?

Commercial tool chains often do automatically what LD needs to be told:
Remove unused sections.

Try linking with --gc-sections

Also: Do not compare simple applications, it makes not much sense.

--
42Bastian
+
+