Re: thread-safety definition

Dave Butenhof <David.Butenhof@xxxxxx> writes:

> We could require the language to perform some call stack analysis as
> part of deciding whether to deliver a cancel in the first place --

I think this falls into the same category as 2-phase EH: a nice thing
for implementations to provide, but not something we can mandate in a
standard without significantly raising the barrier-to-entry for a
conforming C++ implementation.  Remember that the simplest EH
mechanisms are based, essentially, around a very naive
setjmp/longjmp-like mechanism.  Granted, they suck, but traditionally
we on the C++ committee have shied away from legislating quality (no
wisecracks from the peanut gallery, please!)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting