Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Issues with ColdFire toolchain

Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] Issues with ColdFire toolchain

Nathan Sidwell wrote:
Wolfgang Denk wrote:

As it turns out, the size of the image  seems  to  be  important.  By
disabling  features we created configuration that resulted in smaller
images, and these work fine. The critical size seems to be 1 MB -  if
the images are smaller, they work; if they are bigger, they cannot be
loaded.

Ah, that makes sense. I'm not sure why you did not get a link error, as the linker script constrains the memory size to 1MB. We'll investigate.

ah ha. I was wrong, the linker script allows 16MB images. But also uses the top 8 bits for the library-id. That is inconsistent.

nathan
--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery
nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk