Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] system() function broken

Re: [coldfire-gnu-discuss] system() function broken

Michel Marti wrote:

Here's what happens when calling  system("echo hello"):

# ./test
?<... '?' repeats about 8000 times...>?: applet not found

aha, I'm sorry, I forgot that you would be using the 4.1-3 public release. I've been reminded that we fixed this bug, but have yet to make a new public release.

The bug is that gcc fails to maintain 4 byte stack alignment. For m68k targets, this is fine, but the coldfire targets are much more picky. uclibc contains an alloca call in the 'system' function that misaligns the stack.

We will be making a new public release shortly, it is undergoing final testing.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery
nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk