Re: [cxx-abi-dev] ABI modification for exception propagation

Re: [cxx-abi-dev] ABI modification for exception propagation

Mark Mitchell wrote:
I don't think G++ static links the C++ run-time library into a shared library if you just do "g++ -shared -o libfoo.so x.cpp", does it?
G++ always wants to dynamically link to libstdc++. (There is no dynamic version of libsupc++; it's integrated.) You have to pass -static in order to link against the static runtimes. And at least in x86-64, it's impossible to link a shared object against the static runtimes, because they're not compiled with -fPIC. I have tried and found it impossible to somehow get a .so and a main executable with mismatching runtime linkage work together.

So I think we're pretty safe on this front.

(By the way, I've finished the implementation using my newest model, but it's late. I'll compile it and the write about it tomorrow.)

Sebastian