Re: [cxx-abi-dev] Function call mangling again

Re: [cxx-abi-dev] Function call mangling again

On Mar 27, 2009, at 2:18 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:

Doug Gregor wrote:
Mangling just the source name seems reasonable for a dependent name. Would we then mangle (f) as a parentheses expression whose subexpression is the source name?

Well, we don't currently have a mangling for parentheses, so we would need to invent something, either to represent the parens or a modifier for the call to indicate that we don't do arg-dependent lookup.

I think I prefer encoding the parentheses, since there may be other contexts where they matter (decltype?).

	Daveed