Re: FW: [arm-gnu] codesourcery compile helping

Re: FW: [arm-gnu] codesourcery compile helping

Yongming (Stephen Lg) Hu wrote:
Dear friend:

I install the arm-2005q3-2-arm-none-eabi.exe in my pc.

I had program and compile your company’s tools

I use these command step by step, but the endless is not my holp:

1> arm-none-eabi-as –a=Vector_GNU.lst –mcpu=arm7 –o Vector_GNU.o Vector_GNU.s
2>arm-none-eabi-ld –e 0x0 –m armelf –o Vector_GNU.elf  Vector_GNU.o
3>arm-none-eabi-objdump –d Vector_GNU.elf > Vector_GNU.txt
4>arm-none-eabi-objcopy –O binary Vector_GNU.elf   Vector_GNU.bin

I found the binary enter address is not 0x0, but at the 0x8000 (form Vector_GNU.txt)

you have set the elf entry point to 0x0000 (use objdump -f), but the linker script has placed the initial text section at 0x8000.

It looks like you're trying to bring up a bare board. In which case you will need to write a bespoke linker script to describe that board. Please refer to the linker's documentation for details on how to do that. It also might help you to look at the provided linker scripts, which are in arm-none-eabi/lib/ldscripts where you installed the toolchain.

nathan

--
Nathan Sidwell    ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::         CodeSourcery
nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ::     http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk