problem when executing make zImage

Hi I am new to ARM .I want your help.

I am using the kernel version for ARM9200.And the cross compiler is
cross-2.95.3

I pasted it in usr/local/arm and now I modified the Makefile also.now I
configured it by using the command

Make netwinder_defconfig. fine its configured. After that I enter make
clean its also working but when I am trying to execute the following
command it shows errors.

Make zImage  the output is something like this

CHK     include/linux/version.h

  SYMLINK include/asm-arm/arch -> include/asm-arm/arch-ebsa285

  Generating include/asm-arm/mach-types.h

  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h

  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep

  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc

  CC      arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s

arm-linux-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp0': No such file or
directo

ry

make[1]: *** [arch/arm/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1

make: *** [prepare0] Error 2