Re: [arm-gnu] Specify memory region for sections.

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 20:32 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Sorry, I don't know - but I bet it has to do with one of two things.
> One is that you should use -T instead of -Wl,-T.  The other is that
> you need to tell the GCC driver what target you're compiling for.
> You want to run this on an STM32, so you need -mcpu=cortex-m3
> -mthumb.  After that, it should select the correct libgcc.

I covered those bases and still the problem existed, so I tried another
tack.

I downloaded and installed the 2008q1 version, the same as distributed
with the Raisonance RIDE ARM dev kit, as it is a RIDE project I'm trying
to build under Linux.

I also built the app on Bill's painware, and observed how it worked from
the build log, and replicated the actions/commands in my Makefile.

Now I have a built application!  Yay!

Thanks again for the tips.

Regards,
James.