Re: [arm-gnu] Using ARM Neon Intrinsics to load a constant

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 05:08:55PM -0800, Bob Feretich wrote:
> The above uses an unnecessary Arm core register. How do I get the
> compiler to generate:
>
> vmov.32 qx,#0

In our current sources (after 2009q3), we've added automatic vmov
support for a lot of constants.  0.0 isn't a representable floating
point constant (.f32), and the compiler doesn't know about
using integer moves for floating point values; but we have an
enhancement open to fix that for a future update release, and
it's a simple fix.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery